ROAD TO HIRE FAQS
1. Do I have to live in the Charlotte metropolitan area?
Yes. Participants will train onsite at the Road to Hire North or South Charlotte campus for 30 to 40 hours each week. In addition, all jobs post-training will be located in the Charlotte, NC area.
2. Is there a minimum GPA requirement for Road to Hire?
There is no specific GPA requirement. We look for candidates who demonstrate a strong work ethic.
3. Is there a maximum age requirement for the Road to Hire program?
We're looking for motivated young adults in the greater Charlotte area between the ages of 18 and 25.
4. Is work authorization required to be eligible for Road to Hire?
As our mission is to create employment opportunities for motivated young adults, work authorization is a program requirement.
5. Does Road to Hire provide compensation or housing?
Road to Hire participants will receive a weekly stipend during training and full-time pay and generous benefits upon graduation. Applicants should live in the Charlotte metro area and are responsible for their own housing.
6. Does every Road to Hire participant get a job?
Each Road to Hire participant who successfully completes program training, assessments and other requirements will be eligible for a full-time employment opportunity near Charlotte in North Carolina or South Carolina. Successful completion of the program requires time management and dedication.
7. What is the program timeline or schedule?
Training is 30 to 40 hours per week and consists primarily of Charlotte area onsite sessions.
8. Are there any costs associated with Road to Hire?
Road to Hire covers all training costs.
9. What happens after I submit my application?
All applications will be carefully reviewed. Candidates will be notified via email if they are selected to move forward in the interview process.
10. Who’s eligible to apply?
In order to be an eligible applicant, you must:
• Have graduated high school or obtained a GED before starting the program
• Live in the Charlotte metropolitan area
11. What should I do if I haven't heard back about my application, but the date for feedback has passed?
Please check your spam/junk mail folders to see if you have received an email from Road to Hire. Email email@example.com if you are unable to find it.
12. Are recommendation letters required?
Recommendation letters are not required.
13. Is the Road to Hire program a competition?
No; although we believe competition is healthy, our goal is to place all Road to Hire graduates in a full-time job in the greater Charlotte area once they complete the program.